Thanks to verywellhealth.com for naming our sister lab, DNA ConneXions©, with the Most Accurate DNA Lyme Disease Test! All of us at DNA ConneXions© and Biocomp Labs take great pride in our work and delivering the most accurate results is our number one goal – every test, every time!
According to the CDC, these are some of the signs and symptoms that can occur between 3-30 days after being bitten by a tick:
- Fever, chills, headache, fatigue, muscle and joint aches, and swollen lymph nodes may occur in the absence of rash
- Erythema migrans (EM) rash (see photos):
- Occurs in approximately 70 to 80 percent of infected persons
- Begins at the site of a tick bite after a delay of 3 to 30 days (average is about 7 days)
- Expands gradually over several days reaching up to 12 inches or more (30 cm) across
- May feel warm to the touch but is rarely itchy or painful
- Sometimes clears as it enlarges, resulting in a target or “bull’s-eye” appearance
- May appear on any area of the body
- Does not always appear as a “classic” erythema migrans rash
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and you’ve been outside – or even around pets who’ve been outside – and you want to determine whether or not you’ve been infected, the DNA ConneXions© Lyme test panel tests for four different genes that are found in Borrelia burgdorferi, the most common cause of Lyme disease in the United States, and 10 common Lyme disease vector born co-infectors and other organisms including Borrelia recurrentis, Borrelia miyamotoi, Babesia microti, Babesia divergens, Babesia duncani, Bartonella bacilliformis, Ehrlichia chaffensis, Bartonella henselae, Bartonella quintana, and Anaplasma phagocytophilum.
After you’ve returned your sample to the DNA ConneXions© lab for analysis, you will be provided with a report which you’ll want to share with your medical practitioner; together you will determine the best course of care based on your individual needs. While we do not provide a diagnosis or treatment recommendations, we are always available to answer questions pertaining to sample collection, purchasing your test panel, and any other questions you may have regarding the test panel itself.
Wishing everyone a safe and tick-free spring and summer, but if you need us, we’ll be here!
Learn more about Lyme disease and purchase your at-home Lyme test panel at DNA ConneXions© – or call us, 1 (888) 843-5832.